Published by Claire
Posted on May 12, 2015
Where to focus your attention when renovating and staging a home for sale:
When staging a home to sell, there are a few key places to focus your attention that buyers will notice. Focusing on a few keys areas in the home will not only sell it faster, but for more money!
Statistics show that a well-staged home will guarantee the owner at least a 15% increase in the sale price of their home!!
When you are selling a property or renovating with resale in mind, aim to appeal to the most number of people.
1. Look on MLS or have your realtor send you comparables. (This means properties that are on the market now or that have sold in the last year…realtor-speak! ). By looking at these you can see what special features they have that make them stand out.
2. The rooms in a home that show their age most are the bathrooms and the kitchen. Put your money here.
– Look at the comparables- Are the countertops in the kitchen plastic laminate? Likely not! Quartz counters are waht buyers expect to see! Do you have fishy tiles on your shower walls or and avocado toilet? Update these! You will get the return on your investment and more.
* My client wanted to sell her investment property in Whistler, BC. We switched out her green plastic laminate counters for light coloured quartz countertops. – which really makes a kitchen feel clean and new!!
We installed new modern sink faucets in the kitchen and bathrooms as well we replaced her black appliances with stainless steel appliances.
3. When it comes to decorating:
– Pack up everything in your closets that you won’t be needing in the next month or so. This will give the impression that there is plenty of storage space.
– Take down your family photographs, art and decor items, put neutral coloured art in its place.
– Be sure to make those beds and turn on all of the lights for the open. Make your home feel bright and airy.
The cabin sold in the first open for above asking!!!! Follow these tips and your home will too!